As today’s finance functions work hard to provide even deeper value to their business, they are shifting their focus outward to activities that support better decision making and performance.
They must create efficiencies to gather and process basic financial data, and continue to deliver traditional financial outputs – while at the same time redeploying limited resources to strategic activities.
At KPMG, we work with our clients to enhance the operation of their finance functions, their value to the business, and to position their finance teams for lasting success.
We focus on the key elements of transformational change required to position finance as a trusted advisor. Specifically:
- establishing a Finance Target Operating Model that defines the finance organisation of the future
- deploying EPM Solutions to enhance the return on investments in ERP systems; data warehouse tools and business intelligence capabilities to provide a comprehensive, integrated decision support platform that can enable finance teams to provide significant business support and value
- accelerating finance transformations with KPMG’s Powered Finance framework, which reduces implementation time, while providing greater certainty and lower risk. The cloud delivery method focuses on what is unique to an industry while providing prescribed process solutions that are common to many companies
- harnessing Business intelligence tools and data analytics techniques to provide more meaningful, forward-looking financial forecasts, predict and manage risk, and identify new market opportunities
- developing cost models that allow finance organisations to understand the cost of activities, providing greater insight into funding decisions
- supporting an efficient public sector through financial management services targeted at budgeting, reporting, financial modelling and automation. Services are designed to enhance financial processes and ensure compliance with financial reporting rules and accounting standards
- taking LEAN finance principles and practices to drive the required process efficiencies
- rethinking the use of shared services and outsourcing to implement more strategic, mixed sourcing practices and migrating certain higher-value activities
- helping clients use Robotics Process Automation services to derive both immediate and long-term value via gains in service quality, speed, consistency of results, efficiency, productivity, and agility, coupled with significant cost reduction
- aligning Risk and Finance functions to enable business decisions to strike the right balance between risk and reward considerations, and create a more sustainable financial reporting environment, and
- building a new approach to Finance Talent Management to attract employees and develop capabilities at all levels within the finance organisation.