A history of KPMG Ireland, from the foundation of Stokes Brothers in 1876, to the present day.
A history of KPMG Ireland, from the foundation of Stokes Brothers in 1876.
Robert and Sydney Stokes establish the firm of Stokes Brothers.
J. Harold Pim joins the firm and the name is changed to Stokes Bros. & Pim.
The firm of Kennedy Crowley & Co. is established by Vincent Crowley and Peter Kennedy and grows to become the second largest firm of chartered accountants in Ireland by the late 1960s.
Kennedy Crowley & Co. mergers with Forsyth & Co.
Stokes Kennedy Crowley & Co. is formed following the merger of Stokes Bros. & Pim and Kennedy Crowley & Co. The firm employs over 350 people and has offices in Dublin and Cork.
The firm establishes an office in Belfast.
The firm becomes the Irish representative of the international accountancy organisation, Peat Marwick International, which gives us access to international expertise for our clients. Our association with Peat Marwick dates back to 1963 when Stokes Bros. & Pim formed an association with Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co.
The firm establishes an office in Galway.
The Dublin office moves to new premises - 1 Stokes Place.
The firm is part of the world's first accountancy mega-merger when it becomes the Irish national practice of KPMG following the international merger of Peat Marwick International and Klynveld Main Goerdeler.
KPMG establishes an office in Dublin's International Financial Services Centre.
The KPMG Consulting wing of the firm is part of a global IPO to form KCI - an independent consulting firm.
KPMG in Ireland completed its transaction under which Andersen partners and staff joined KPMG on 1 September, leading to an enlargement of the firm.
KPMG now numbers 85 partners and 1800 staff and in an independent survey of Ireland’s university graduates has been named The Irish Times Graduate Employer of Choice for an unprecedented three consecutive years.