The 2017 eSummit that took place on the Sunborn on Thursday 23 March, once again offered a lively and thought-leading programme.
The gaming programme included;
- An update on social responsibility developments, including representatives from key industry bodies and the NOSES Project
- Regulatory developments & challenges in Gibraltar, the UK and elsewhere
- Updates from the Chair of the Gaming AML Group and the CEO of the Remote Gambling Association
- The M&A panel, featuring some of the key operators and market analysts currently active in that sphere
- Insights into the fast-growing eGaming market in Africa
The wider regulatory and technology programme included workshops and presentations on;
- Gibraltar’s Brexit position & innovation plans
- Data Protection and GDPR
- Cyber Crime & Location Fraud
- Consumer protection
KPMG in Gibraltar was also delighted that the IMGL once again featured their renowned eGaming Masterclasses at the eSummit.
They ran onsite in breakout rooms, as well as the Ballroom, and covered legal and regulatory developments across the globe, the burgeoning compliance burden for operators, and the impact of the corporate transactions which are becoming an increasing common feature of the eGaming industry.
Download presenatations from the day:
State of the Sector Address - Clive Hawkswood, Remote Gambling Association
NOSES Workshop - KPMG, RGA and Gamcare
Women in Gaming Workshop - KPMG & Mishcon de Reya
Hiding in the Web; how location fraud enables cyber crime and how to fight it - David Briggs, GeoComply
Harm Minimisation in an Online World - Iain Corby, Gambleaware
Approaching Africa: Understanding the Opportunity for Gaming - John Kamara, Global Gaming Africa