KPMG’s Legal Services team provides an integrated offering spanning our business advisory services and legal expertise, ensuring we build a deep understanding of your business on the issues that matter.
KPMG’s Legal Services network across the globe brings together 1,500 lawyers across 50 KPMG member firms to offer local, regional and cross-border advice on areas including corporate, commercial, employment, immigration and tax litigation.
Seamlessly combining market-leading tax and legal expertise with the latest technology, we help you develop a strategy that fits your business and offers value and flexibility.
We provide legal advice to clients on:
- Internal business and reorganisation – By integrating our legal team with our wider tax advisory function we provide advice on the operation, maintenance, governance and transformation of businesses.
- Corporate M&A and transactions – From origination and diligence to structuring and implementation, we help ensure M&A activity balances risk with opportunity while driving shareholder value.
- Commercial and data – Providing advice on the drafting and negotiation of complex contracts, R&D agreements/joint ventures, franchises, and intra-group agreements for TP/BEPS and restructuring; and advising on contract remediation, IP/IT law, e-commerce and DP/GDPR.
- Corporate crime – We support businesses globally with financial crime and regulatory compliance, investigations and a wide range of complex litigation involving allegations of fraud. Our expertise includes bribery and corruption, civil fraud, corporate criminal offence for facilitating tax evasion, modern slavery act, money laundering, sanctions and tax evasion (including missing trader intra-community fraud).
- Financial services regulatory – We advise both regulated and unregulated businesses on the FCA and PRA regulatory regimes in addition to other EU regulatory requirements. Our core offering is based around issue identification, technical analysis and assessment and practical implementation and advice.
- Disputes and controversy – Led by a part-time First Tier Tribunal judge, we leverage deep technical tax expertise, sophisticated tax analytics and specialist litigators and advocates to offer a complete disputes service.
- Global entity management – A dedicated team provides advice and assistance on a range of corporate secretarial services in the UK and globally. Through our core annual service offering we coordinate and give support on the full range of routine matters, while our project management provision covers global corporate projects.
- Immigration – Our employment advisory work brings in expertise from areas including our corporate and private client tax teams, to give multi-jurisdictional advice in relation to transferring staff from around the world to the UK; sponsoring non-EEA migrants; and assessing the impact of Brexit, among other areas.
- Employment – Employment law is at the heart of a business’s brand and reputation. We advise on areas including gender pay gap reporting, national minimum wage compliance, recruitment and termination of employment and workforce change projects including; restructurings, largescale redundancies and TUPE transfers.
Our Legal Services team works together with our other client service teams, who help deliver commercial priorities, be that compliance with laws and regulation, growth through mergers and acquisitions or setting up in new territories.
Examples of our client success stories can be found here.