Do you pay service fees to a company outside SA?

Do you pay service fees to a company outside SA?

From the 2014 year of assessment, non-resident companies, trusts and other juristic entities are required to submit a tax return in South Africa where those non-resident entities derived service income from a source in South Africa. This requirement became effective for 2014 tax years of assessment per government gazette number 37767 dated 25 June 2014.


Also on

Tax returns must be filed within 12 months from the date on which that non-resident entity’s financial year ends. Non-resident entities would need to register with the South African Revenue Service in order to obtain a tax reference number and to submit such returns.

For any questions regarding the above, please contact one of the KPMG South Africa International Tax team members listed below.



Natasha Vaidanis
Director, Head of International Tax
+27 82 458 1043


Nonhlanhla Ngidi
Manager, International Tax
+27 82 719 5866

Cape Town


Deborah Tickle
Director, Corporate and International Tax
+27 82 492 0375


Barry Ger
Associate Director, Corporate and International Tax
+27 82 719 1954


Daniel du Toit
Tax Consultant, Corporate and International Tax
+27 76 511 2532

Connect with us


Request for proposal



KPMG’s new-look website

KPMG has launched a state of the art digital platform that enhances your experience and provides improved access to our content and our people, whatever device you are on.

Read more