Children’s education assistance | KPMG | GLOBAL
Share with your friends

Children’s education assistance

Children’s education assistance

The most common concerns with children’s education assistance.


Related content


41. How can I be confident that my children will receive education comparable to our home country system?

Many companies provide education assistance intended to provide adequate elementary and secondary education for your children equivalent to that of public (state-run) education in the home country. A school at your host location is usually considered adequate if a student who has successfully completed a given grade at that school will be accepted in the next higher grade in a public school in the home country. Although most expatriate children attend private schools, many employers will no longer pay the tuition if adequate public schools are available.

42. Are higher education costs included in ‘dependent education’ programs?

Higher education costs (e.g., college or university) are rarely reimbursed by multinational employers. If you had not accepted an international assignment, in all probability, you would have borne the same higher education costs that now confront you. The only circumstance under which you might receive assistance would be if your dependent is forced to pay increased nonresident tuition rates at state colleges or universities because you lost your resident status when you moved abroad.

In some cases, dependents who are attending a college or university in their home country may be entitled to two company-paid airline tickets per year to visit their parents at their assignment location in lieu of a home-leave ticket.

Connect with us


Request for proposal