Key findings from the report:
- One out of five CEOs indicated that information security is the risk they are most concerned about.
- CEOs are grappling with escalating competitive pressures and have concerns about the loyalty of their customers (86 percent), keeping pace with new technologies (72 percent) and the relevance of their product or service (66 percent) in the next three years.
- CEOs who said they were not prepared for a future cyber security event are more likely to be increasing their headcount over the next three years, and half of them expect a skills gap to emerge over the same period.
- Cyber security was seen as being the issue having the biggest impact on their company for nearly a third of the CEOs (29 percent).
- Only half of the respondents had appointed a cyber security executive or team and two in ten (21 percent) with no plans to do so.
- Only 37 percent of organizations who responded have upgraded current technologies.