Faced with falling commodity demand and prices and rising input costs, mining companies are experiencing declining margins. A series of major project failures has also put risk management under the microscope, with the further threat of labor unrest, political uncertainty and changing regulations.
This webcast discusses the recently launched KPMG Global Mining Institute paper, Mining risk and assurance: A survival strategy, which analyzes the following eight key drivers of value and their associated risks:
- Quality growth through major projects
- Operational excellence and profitability
- Regulatory compliance
- IT strategy
- Reputation and ethics
Learn more about
- The eight key drivers of value and how they can help organizations become masters of risk
- Why risk and assurance is too important to be left to audit sub-committees alone
- Asking important questions:
- Are C-Suite executives, the Board and all key stakeholders adequately protected?
- Is your risk and assurance strategy simplified – and aligned with the way the business operates?
- Is assurance coverage optimal, cost efficient -- and directed where the business needs it most?
- Board sub-committees: the fourth level of defense in protecting the interests of C-Suite executives
- Adopting an integrated risk and assurance strategy to reduce the chance of failure