Location: Ho Chi Minh
About the Job:
KPMG’s Delivery Centre Vietnam (KDCV) supports our Tax practice and clients in tax compliance matters – primarily the preparation or review of Corporate Income Tax (“CIT”) returns to help ensure KPMG’s Tax clients are in compliance with the current Vietnamese CIT law and regulations. The KDCV also provides tax compliance support to the KPMG’s Australian Tax practice, including the preparation of Australian income tax returns for companies and trusts.
Through our established standardize procedures and training, the KDCV will give you the opportunity to strengthen your analytical skills, effective communication skills and engagement management skills as you help our client service teams and our clients manage their corporate tax compliance. You will also gain exposure on the tax compliance rules and procedures of other jurisdictions in the work that is undertaken with KPMG Australia.
We are currently seeking Senior Consultants to join us in our Paragon office, to work in a specialized tax compliance work environment and to be developed as a future tax compliance advisor with a strong technical background.
- Tax compliance preparation and completion - applying an understanding of local legislation and the interpretation of the law, producing well researched and analysed tax opinions
- Undertaking tax fieldwork where necessary
- Preparing / reviewing corporate tax calculations that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements
- Assisting client service teams in pro-actively managing client relationships and responding to all client queries in an effective and timely manner
- Assisting in formulating solutions to client issues as well as identifying value-added opportunities
- Working with the KPMG Australia Compliance Delivery Centre to prepare Australian company income tax returns and trust tax returns and related workpapers on specified software
- Address any knowledge gaps through learning and adaptation as appropriate
- Contribute to continuous improvement of in-house systems and procedures
- Bachelor degree in relevant subjects, e.g. accounting, finance, economics, law
- Two to three years relevant experience in either external and/or internal tax function for a senior consultant and one to two years relevant experience for consultant
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to apply an understanding of financial statements and other relevant non-tax financial and business information to the tax compliance work
- Good analytical skills and enjoy working with numbers
- Strong organizational, time management skills and effective communication skills
- Ability to work and perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with clients, team members and partners
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Enthusiastic, demonstrate “can do” and “team working” attitude with an ability to learn quickly
- Good command of English and Vietnamese
If you are interested in these exciting opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For KPMG employees: Please note that you will need to speak to your PM and receive approval if you would like to apply for any internal vacancies.