Mark has developed and delivered business and IT solutions including several extensive ERP enabled transformations for multinational corporations in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The strategy component of these solutions has included target operating models and roadmaps for Finance, Supply Chain Operations and IT. His process reengineering and change management experience has focused on supply chain, Finance, order-to-cash, cycle time, and distribution. His application design and deployment experience includes SAP, Oracle, custom-built applications, i2, and “Digital ERP.” Industries served include Consumer Electronics, High Technology, Retail, Pharmaceutical, and Professional Services.
In addition, Mark was responsible for KPMG’s recent internal transformation enabled by SAP technology. Key activities included development of a global SAP template, optimization of business processes (regionally, globally, and locally), and deployment of a complete solution in the US and Canada.
Transformation, Process Improvement, and ERP System Implementation
- Responsible for KPMG’s most recent business transformation in the America’s, enabled by SAP and other key applications.
- Designed and deployed a business readiness strategy for the Finance organization of the world’s largest retailer during their initial SAP deployment in the US, and lead all business related activities during the deployment. Key activities included process design and review, configuration, change management, data readiness, transformation and validation, training, KPI and metric development, and design of the post-implementation governance process.
- Managed all business process control and data access design, and lead data conversion activities for a US subsidiary of a metals conglomerate. In addition, provided optimization and process improvements for key order to cash and Finance functions and processes.
- Developed and deployed a master data management strategy for global medical equipment organization, including consolidation of multiple master data records across instances.
- Delivered strategic solutions for multi-year program for a large consumer electronics company with the goal of improving efficiencies across operations and IT, including back-office, customer service, distribution, and select e-business processes – benefits realized included multi-million dollar saving per year in IT costs, distribution efficiencies and related cost reductions. The solution and roadmap included Oracle applications, a shared services implementation and supply chain enhancements.
- Developed and implemented an IT strategy for HT client focused on decreasing costs while maintaining SLA’s – Analysis and implementation included IT governance, staff augmentation, infrastructure hosting and off-shore development.
- Led a large supply Chain optimization program for a consumer electronics company in Asia. Key responsibilities included:
- Led SAP functional and business process design, build, test, change management, and deployment to 22 countries.
- Provided thought leadership and direction for build-to-order and configure-to-order capability, manufacturing, and demand fulfillment.
- Developed and motivated a very large, and geographically and culturally diverse team (17 countries) to successfully deliver business transformation in Asia during two year supply chain optimization program.
- In-sourced Data Center, and Help Desk functions for HT client – service levels improved after implementation.
- Designed and implemented a high availability, scalable architecture to support enterprise operations, including creation of redundant data centers utilizing both outsourced DCs and corporate owned and managed facilities.
- Led program activities and solutions for global consumer electronics European reengineering program – solution was based on SAP, i2 and custom applications.
- Provided program assurance and risk mitigation processes for a high tech client.
- Planned and managed a complicated cutover and change management effort for business transformation of all US sites of US high technology company.
- Developed SAP instance consolidation strategy and led program to pull disparate systems together driving synergies and cost reductions.
- Developed compliance processes for records retention and system retirement for several high tech organizations.
- Managed the design and development of an enterprise wide operational system, including Finance, sales, manufacturing and human resources for a major company in Europe and US – Solution was based on SAP.
- Led project for Finance and purchasing functions of an enterprise wide system for seven subsidiaries of a Fortune 200 client.
- Developed program assurance processes for several European business and system transformations/implementations.
- Roadmap and process optimization leveraging KPMG’s Value Delivery Framework
- Program management
- ERP application implementation experience
- SAP HANA, Simple Finance, BPC, and Fraud Management expertise