Rey has successfully led numerous large scale business integration projects. He has demonstrated experience in leveraging disruptive technologies and emerging paradigms including Agile Development, Mobile enablement, and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, as well as industry standard frameworks (e.g. TOGAF for Enterprise Architecture, BPMN for Enterprise Process Modeling) to solve complex business, technology, and information management challenges. In addition, Rey has a breadth and depth of technology experience in leading vendors in BPM (Appian, Savvion, Lombardi, IBM, and Metastorm) and Application Integration (TIBCO, webMethods). Below is a summary of Rey’s cross industry professional experience in the areas of Business Process Management, Enterprise Architecture / Solutions Architecture, and Systems Integration
Business Process Management
- Led the global initiative for a pharmaceutical company to streamline and automate the IT Infrastructure Project Budget Setup and Ordering processes. Rey led a cross-functional global team, with stakeholders in EMEA, ASPAC, Latin America, and North America. He served as the engagement delivery manager and guided the team through target state process definition, business case development, solution design, and currently through an agile BPM implementation using Appian.
- Led the business process management (BPM) initiative from business case to implementation for global pharmaceuticals company. Rey served as the engagement delivery manager and technical SMP for three phased program to streamline and automate the client’s IT demand process. This included BPMS vendor selection, proof-of-concept, BPMS (Appian) implementation, and enhancements. The client realized the value of over $1M in cost savings through reduction of contractor work for manual activities and improved cycle time of over 65%.
- Led the implementation of additional BPM (Appian) applications and numerous enhancements that built upon the initial BPM release for the global pharmaceuticals company.
- Drove the requirements and design phase for the Business Process Management component of an Aggregate Spend. Rey subsequent led the BPM (Metastorm) implementation which included a mixed team of 3rd Party Contractors and KPMG team members.
- Led the BPM Order Management program for a US Wireless company. This program entailed a BPM (Lombardi) implementation which included integrations to four external systems through a SOA integration backbone (TIBCO). The project identified several process improvements in the area of advance exchange orders and developed a roadmap for future delivery. The program also delivered a Business Process Competency Center (BPCC), which included the establishment of standards, methods, and tools.
Enterprise Architecture / Solution Architecture
- Served as the enterprise architecture advisor assisting a State University to establish an enterprise architecture program, develop RFP specifications for Academic ERP Systems replacement for the mainframe applications, and develop an overall enterprise architecture roadmap.
- Served as the architecture lead for a Media company. He led the program to deliver improvements to the client’s current digital commerce architecture platform to support the workflow image and copy creation, approval, and asset delivery of asset. In parallel, the project team developed an enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap to provide a more robust and flexible solution that would support the client’s in content delivery for current.
- Served as the overall enterprise architect for the Systems Integration program for a Southeast Asian wireless carrier to launch wireless services in a green field environment. As a technical delivery manager, he was responsible for managing cross-team delivery issues across three different work streams, including Requirements, Development and Data Integration, and Systems Integration Test; all comprising of approximately 40 international resources.
- Served as an Enterprise Architect for a US wireless carrier. Primarily focusing on wireless initiatives, this group was responsible for developing the target state architecture and an architecture roadmap. In addition, the Enterprise Architecture team was responsible for providing architecture governance, by developing and enforcing architecture concepts, guiding principles, and standards, over IT Application Development organizations.
- Served as the program lead for a Large Bank’s Treasury SOA program for a large bank. The program consisted of redesigning of the customer management business process, construction of core business services, the build out-of the SOA infrastructure (TIBCO), data management and cleansing of existing reference data, and the integration to 14 Client Systems.
- Led a user experience and external web portal development program for an Industrial Products company that entailed the redesign of the company web site to enhance user experience and showcase the breadth of the company’s product portfolio under a common brand and future end customers.
- Served as the SOA architect for a Latin America Wireless provider. This engagement developed performed a current state assessment of current CRM, billing and provisioning systems, and defined a future state model (organization model, SOA governance model, SOA high-level service management lifecycle process, and architecture), and integrated roadmap.