Arthur has employed analytics to drive business decisions in the semiconductor, automotive, insurance, and retail sectors. His experience spans a range of data-driven solutions, from optimizing capital-intensive business plans, to sifting through terabytes of data to identify anomalous events.
Financial Modeling and Capital Planning Analytics
- Designed and implemented a working capital and cash flow forecasting model for a large distribution company, based on analysis of transaction-level data in Hive and Impala. Managed deployment of the model into production use with process control implemented in Oozie, and outputs delivered to Tableau dashboards for executive use.
- Deployed Action-Based Costing model for market-leading semiconductor company. Model methodology and business processes were implemented across three international fabrication facilities, allowing volume- and product mix-dependent product costing, forecasting of quarterly P&L with 3-5 year horizon, and management of $10B+ capital installation at ramping production facility.
- Built and deployed operational cost model for vertically-integrated electronic hardware manufacturer. Enabled targeted operations cost improvement, facility cost forecasting with two-year horizon, and identified $2M tax credit savings.
Project Portfolio and Resource Management Analytics
- Developed web-based Project Portfolio Management and ROI analytics tool for 2k+ FTE and $2B technology development organization to enable a Zero-Based Budgeting process.
- Drafted and piloted an analytics-driven portfolio management KPI/scorecard business process for prioritization of technology programs.
- Created an engineering program portfolio model for a large automotive manufacturer, to forecast vehicle program investment and resource requirements. Streamlined business process reducing forecasting task overhead by 75%, while enabling detailed portfolio analytics.
- Performed current-state assessment of analytics organization and operations for a large health insurance provider. Compared to leading practices, and provided recommendation for organizational shifts leading to successful follow-on organizational realignment project.
- Drove $22M in SG&A reduction for a major specialty retailer by using outside-in analytical techniques to optimize organizational structure and identify areas of organizational improvement.
Supplier Performance Analytics
- Created a supplier performance index based on historical claims data to identify problematic/beneficial supplier relationships for an automotive insurance company
- Created financial dashboard suite for automotive supplier allowing executive team to appraise supplier health and reliability.
Hive, Impala, Linux, C++, MySQL, Python, Tableau, MongoDB, AWS EC2, Qlikview, Microsoft Excel, VBA, Microsoft Access, R, bash, Hadoop