Helping organisations address their privacy challenges
Helping organisations address their privacy challenges.
As organisations seek to improve the consumer experience, and secure the competitive advantage associated with brand trust, it is crucial consumer personal information assets are leveraged in the most appropriate way.
To help minimise risks, and the amount of time it will take to meet new regulations, organisations should consider 6 questions:
1. Do I understand my organisation’s privacy obligations, risks, and if our compliance strategy is fit for purpose?
KPMG can help you provide an independent assessment of current risk profile and how this compares to desired state.
2. Am I making informed decisions and plans with regard to technology and business transformation initiatives involving personal information (e.g. customers and employees)?
We can work with you to design a Privacy Compliance Program to meet requirements of legislations.
3. Do I have a clear view of what personal information is being processed where, by who and for what purpose?
KPMG can help you develop a pragmatic privacy strategy and gain buy-in from senior management.
4. Am I confident in my organisation’s ability to detect and manage a data breach effectively?
We can support you in maintaining your internet security and privacy control environment.
5. Do I monitor both internal and third party supplier compliance in respect of privacy and security?
We can provide ongoing support and advice to assist you in operating your control environment.
6. How will proposed regulation impact our enterprise operations and risk appetite?
We can support you in the implementation of robust and sustainable processes, policies and controls to allow you to mitigate your privacy and internet risk.
For more information on KPMG's Privacy services, please contact Mark Thompson, Global Privacy Lead, KPMG.