KPMG sells Marble Portfolio to Goldman Sachs International

KPMG sells Marble Portfolio to Goldman Sachs Internatio

KPMG's announcement of the sale of the Marble Portfolio to Goldman Sachs International

Also on KPMG.com

KPMG announces today the sale of the Marble Portfolio to Goldman Sachs International. KPMG lead advised and managed the sale on behalf of VBR Investments Limited (“VBRi”) and Nationwide Building Society (as senior secured creditor). The guide price was in the region of £110m.

‎The 4m sqft portfolio comprised 109 assets located across England, Wales and Scotland with a contracted rent roll of £11.6m pa. Industrial assets account for 80% of the portfolio by contract rent, with the remaining 20% comprising retail and offices.

VBRi had assembled the portfolio over the past three years, supported by Nationwide debt.  M7 Real Estate was the appointed asset manager for the portfolio and worked closely with KPMG in bringing this complex portfolio to market in Q4 2014 within two months of instruction. Goldman Sachs were able to close the transaction within 4 weeks of being appointed preferred bidder in mid-December.

Speaking today, Stephen Barter, Chairman of Real Estate Advisory at KPMG, said: "The ‎sale attracted strong competition from leading players during a very busy transaction period within the UK market. Our process was accelerated by being able to prepare a rigorously diligenced dataset at the outset and by the depth and breadth of our investor relationships."

A spokesman for Nationwide Building Society, said: “This sale represents further progress with our deleveraging strategy and we were extremely pleased with the speed by which the sale was achieved in a highly competitive market for large scale portfolio sales.”

Richard Croft, CEO of M7 Real Estate, said: ”For M7 the sale represents the successful working out of our strategy for this portfolio in partnership with VBRi and Nationwide. We were delighted to work with KPMG in delivering a great result for the vendors."

- ENDS -

 

For press enquiries please contact

Zoe Sheppard, PR Manager at KPMG

M: +44 (0)117 905 4337

E: zoe.sheppard@kpmg.co.uk

KPMG Press office: +44 (0) 207 694 8773

Follow us on twitter: @kpmguk

 

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 22 offices across the UK with approximately 12,000 partners and staff.  The UK firm recorded a turnover of £1.9 billion in the year ended September 2014. KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. It operates in 155 countries and has 162,000 professionals working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity.  Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.

This article represents the views of the author only, and does not necessarily represent the views or professional advice of KPMG in the UK.

Connect with us

 

Request for proposal

 

Submit

KPMG’s new-look website

KPMG’s new-look website