There are also many other areas within KPMG that are very relevant to Professional Practices.
Please see the following links below and let us know if you’d like to discuss more.
- Brexit – a catalyst for businesses to reset their future.
- Boardroom Bites - offering the latest research and thinking from opinion leaders and KPMG experts to help manage complex and often unprecedented challenges.
- Fraud Barometer - the latest fraud trends and patterns affecting the UK economy.
- HR Transformation Survey - Many organisations pursuing cloud computing to revolutionise the HR function with data-based decision-making, cost advantages and new value for the bottom line are discovering that HR transformation entails much more than simply plugging into the Cloud.
- Nunwood B2B Customer Report – KPMG Nunwood have explored B2B customer experience for the first time, identifying the critical moments that make the difference between success and failure.
- Apprenticeship Levy – the workplace is changing fast. Digitisation is having a profound impact on how businesses operate and what they do. Eoghan Thompson poses a number of questions organisations should be asking themselves in order to maximise their apprenticeship programme.
- Robocalypse Now? What the next industrial revolution means for retail - this paper looks at what is happening in other industries and aims to bring some clarity to the practical application of both physical and cognitive automation in the Retail model.
- CIO Survey - the Harvey Nash/KPMG CIO Survey - the largest IT leadership survey in the world, now in its 19th year - reveals its 2017 findings.
- The Rise of the Chief HR Officer - In our latest research, HR leaders from FTSE 100 companies told us about the work they do, and the skills and experience they need to meet the challenge.
- Customer First - Our new Customer brochure explains how to create a customer centric business and compete in the digital age.
- GBS Maturity Survey - Our research tells us that five characteristics stand out as being critical to organisations driving business efficiency.