In the latest of his regular articles for Tax Journal*, Tim Sarson rounds up recent international developments. This month’s article looks at:
- Potential tax consequences following the US presidential election;
- An update on BEPS Action 14 (Making dispute resolution mechanisms more effective);
- Changes to corporate income tax ‘prepayment’ rules in Spain;
- Swedish tax updates, including a case on permanent establishments (PEs) and a proposal for a financial services tax;
- Polish corporate tax law amendments;
- A new tax authority established in the UAE; and
- Recent EU developments, including the proposals for a Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB) and a Financial Transaction Tax.
* First published in Tax Journal on 25 November 2016. Reproduced with permission.