Christine is a Director in KPMG in the UK with a specific focus on cyber security strategy, transformation and governance services. Christine originally joined KPMG in 1996 where she worked in IT risk advisory. She left KPMG in 1999 to develop her information security expertise and joined RBS as the Head of Information Security for the UK and Ireland. In 2013 she moved to BP as the global cyber security Governance, Risk & Compliance Director.
Christine’s experience includes:
- Leading KPMG’s services in relation to the Network & Information Systems (NIS) Regulations in the UK and associated NISD legislation across Europe.
- Working with the UK Government through the development and consultation of the UK NIS Regulations.
- Led an initiative for a multinational organisation to develop a sustainable approach to dealing with the new global cyber security and privacy legislation and regulation being issued in multiple jurisdictions around the world.
- Cyber security strategy, transformation and roadmap development.
- Cyber security reporting and metrics production for Boards and other senior audiences.
- Development of practical user focused security policies and security awareness campaigns.
- Delivery of security assurance for high risk projects including third party and supplier security management.
- IT and Security Compliance including SOX, PCI DSS, GDPR and wider cyber security legislation and regulation.
- Christine is also passionate about giving back to the community and is involved in women in cyber initiatives and taking cyber security into schools. This includes teaching GCSE cyber security modules and security awareness assemblies.