Mr. Chen has practiced Law in Taiwan since 1981. His practicing areas are: Intellectual Property; Information Technology Law; Patent, Trade Secret & Copyright Licensing/Counseling/Litigation; Unfair Competition; Internet Related Law; Fair Trade Law/Anti-trust, Electronic Commerce Related Laws, Entertainment Law; Media Law and Consumer Protection.
As the Founder of Director of the Science & Technology Law Center, Institute for Information Industry, had assisted 100 local hi-tech companies in Taiwan to build-up task for “Corporate Internal Management of Intellectual Property & Patent”. He also served the Technical Personnel at Professor Level, Graduate School of Law of National Taiwan Univ. and associate professor of the Graduate Institute of Intellectual Property, National Chengchi Univ.
Professional Service Experience
- Representing the first copyright infringement case regarding platform for DVD rental on Internet in Taiwan;
- Representing a leading publisher in the first electronic database copyright infringement case in Taiwan;
- Assisting several local IT companies in a U.S. patent infringement case against patent trolls;
- Successfully representing several clients to negotiate patent license with US & European patent holders;
- Assisting local client in a trade secret infringement case in California;
- Representing clients to negotiate patent licenses with major Korean and Japanese patent holders.