KPMG Thailand’s Actuarial Services comprise three practice areas specializing in life insurance, pensions and general insurance. Part of KPMG’s Financial Services team, Actuarial Services works particularly closely with other department including advisory and audit, leveraging actuarial skills in finance, modeling and statistics.
- Provide support to the audit team in reviewing and auditing actuarial reserves under Statutory and Risk Based Capital reporting.
- Provide actuarial technical support to the manager and partner on advisory projects, such as model reviews, IFRS 4, actuarial due
diligence, Embedded Value.
- Provide advisory services to the client pertaining to pensions and non-life valuations.
- Build and maintain solid relationship with clients.
- Provide miscellaneous insurance related advice to clients.
- Provide modeling support to the department as part of review of actuarial reserves.
- Mentoring and training of junior staff.
Qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in life insurance (either industry or consultancy), with strong focus in actuarial valuation of individual life insurance products.
- SOA/IFoA passes (or similar) nearing Associate level up to Fellowship level
- A degree in actuarial science or related field (mathematics, engineering etc)
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate with actuaries and must have skills to communicate with the non-actuaries.
- Should have strong technical knowledge of life insurance and actuarial.
- Able to deal with clients independently and able to manage projects independently, within tight deadlines.
- Able to multi-task – working on different projects of different natures in limited time.
- Able to question the use of technical actuarial judgment and question the clients.
- Must have practical knowledge of some of the following areas:
- EV/MCEV/EEV/Actuarial Appraisals
- Economic Capital Modeling
- Statutory Actuarial Valuation
- Risk Based Capital
- Risk Measurement and Management
- Actuarial Assumptions
- USGAAP/IFRS Reserving
- Cash Flow Generation and Analysis
- Actuarial Modeling
- Proficiency in English language is a must.
We offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
To apply please send your CV stating your current and expected salary to email@example.com or Tel: 02-677-2000 ext.2057