Specific nature of restructuring proceedings rests in the fact that their consequences affect not merely a part of the company’s assets, as it is the case with standard transactions, but they refer to all asset constituents. That is why it is so important that the restructuring process is tailored to a certain situation. At the same time, these are exceptional cases when the company has know-how permitting it to rectify a crisis situation.
The scope of services offered by KPMG covers:
- tax advice – restructuring very often necessitates conducting transactions that are unusual for a certain entrepreneur. Correct settlement of such transactions poses significant difficulties to accounting and tax departments, while the accounts of entities that undergo restructuring are thoroughly analysed by the tax authorities
- using the restructuring process to limit possible tax arrears
- assistance in a tax effective transfer of asset constituents. Very often the restructuring process involves the sale of basic fixed assets, such as real property or machines, whose tax value is much lower than their market value. As a result, the transfer of such assets is taxable, yet, our solutions permit to effectively ease that burden
- advice on tax-effective provision of additional funds to entrepreneurs threatened with the loss of solvency
- advice on tax-effective debt reduction process – addressed to both debtors and creditors.