CEO Outlook infographic
CEO Outlook infographic
Nearly 1,300 global CEOs share their perspectives on the unprecedented change forecast for their companies and the world economy.
The next 3 years
* 72% of CEOs believe the next 3 years will be more critical for their industry than the previous 50.
* 69% of CEOs are concerned about the number of mission-critical issues they need to tackle with no prior experience.
* 72% of CEOs believe they are not fully prepared for a cyber event.
* 65% are concerned that new entrants are disrupting their business models and more than half (53%) of CEOs believe that their company is not disrupting their industry's business models enough.
The complexity of the issues and the need for rapid response is putting significant pressure on CEOs.
88% concerned about the loyalty of their customers.
88% concerned about the impact of the global economy on their company if global economic growth is less than they project.
86% are concerned with the amount of time they have personally to think strategically about the forces of disruption and innovation shaping their company's future.
* 41% of CEOs said their company will be significantly transformed in the next 3 years.
* One of the top three priorities of CEOS over the next 3 years is implementing disruptive technologies and 77% are concerned whether their organization is keeping up with new technologies.
* CEOs said technology was the second biggest factor contributing to company growth; global economic factors took top place.
* CEOs are concerned about their organizations keeping current with new technologies.
* A majority are expecting to increase headcount over the next 3 years, with 61% planning to do so over 12 months.
* Faced with significant transformation plans and ever advancing technology, 99% of CEOs report taking action to develop existing or future talent.
Despite the changes enveloping their organizations, CEOs are largely confident in their 3-year growth outlook.
89% of CEOs are confident in growth for their company over the next 3 years.
86% confident in their country's growth prospects.
85% confident in their industry's growth prospects.
80% confident in the growth of the global economy.
For CEOs, it's now or never. *
* "CEOs tell me that the game is changing dramatically, but we know what we need to do, and we're confident that we can come out winners." John Veihmeyer, Chairman, KPMG International.