If you are considering buying a business, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the right questions throughout the acquisition life cycle, from developing the optimal acquisition strategy right through to delivering the expected value.
As you execute your company’s growth strategy through acquisitions you will reach a number of decision points. We help you confidently navigate the complexities of buying a business, unlocking value at every stage. We think like an investor to help you:
- develop an effective acquisition strategy
- identify and prioritise potential acquisitions
- conduct accurate business valuations
- carry out targeted due diligence, financial, tax and commercial
- develop and execute implementable solutions
- deliver real results when you buy a business
Our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages of planning and executing an acquisition.
Deal strategy: How do I maximise shareholder value and returns?
- Position yourself to gain maximum value by developing a deal strategy aligned with your corporate vision and a clear capital allocation plan.
Option identification: What businesses can I acquire in my target markets?
- Drawing insights from Big Data to find market opportunities and prioritise acquisition targets.
- Identify and prioritize acquisitions targets based on their availability, alignment with your deal strategy and ownership structures. You’re moving toward a successful transaction when you are able to manage stakeholders effectively and initiate contact with vendors.
Evaluation: What is the asset worth to me?
- Assess the value of the target through a holistic review of the business and its value drivers, including a consideration of the upsides available under your ownership.
- Building scenario models to test different scenarios and assess future risk and return profiles of acquisitions in a more efficient and user-friendly way.
- Manage the data room process and perform financial due diligence.
- Coordinate and carry out financial tax and commercial due diligence.
Deal execution: How do I get the deal done at the right price?
- Document and submit initial non-binding indicative bid to the Vendors advisers, including key legal terms.
- Developing flexible and robust cash flow forecast models that can accommodate changes in input variables while keeping integrity of the calculations.
- Provide debt advice to inform the structure and quantum of your final offer
- Negotiate and execute the deal with confidence by addressing issues that arise during the investigations - such as risks priced in and protection sought in sales purchase agreements (SPA) - and assessing future upsides.
- Providing assurance on models for stakeholders including banks in relation to any financing required for potential acquisitions.
- Prepare and submit your final offer working closely with your legal advisers.
Pre-close: How do I plan for a successful Day 1?
- Take firm control of the new business on Day 1 by devising an effective implementation plan that balances execution at deal speed with minimal business disruption.
100 days: What is my plan for delivering the deal value?
- Develop a clear view of the target operating model and a roadmap to its realisation, including addressing cultural issues and designing efficient benefit tracking models.
Value realisation: How do I maximise value?
- Apply a best practices approach to identifying, measuring and increasing operational improvements and synergistic benefits, including determining
Contact the Deal Advisory team to discuss your specific business needs or to learn more about our services.