This training programme will apprise participants of recent developments in the Nigerian tax and regulatory space.
21 November 2018, 8:30AM - 5:30PM, WAT Lagos, Nigeria
The tax and regulatory landscape in Nigeria is constantly evolving due to changes in legislation, regulations and generally accepted practice, court decisions, etc. In fact, there has been a remarkable increase in the number of tax-related court cases in Nigeria in the last three years. This has deepened the tax and regulatory practice in the country.
Unfortunately, many companies’ Tax/Finance/Legal personnel find it difficult staying in touch with tax and regulatory changes because of the dearth of publicly available information on the developments. Such personnel are, therefore, unable to leverage the developments in managing their companies’ tax and regulatory affairs, to the benefit of shareholders/promoters.
This training programme will apprise participants of recent developments in the Nigerian tax and regulatory space, and highlight the implications of such developments on businesses. The programme will cover developments relating to the following among others:
• Pioneer Status Incentive
• Taxation of non-resident companies doing business in Nigeria
• Taxation of educational institutions in Nigeria
• Applicability of value added tax (VAT) to services provided outside Nigeria by offshore companies to Nigerian customers
• Applicability of VAT to packaged water and other basic food items
• Corporate income tax implications of dividend declaration and payment
• Applicability of withholding tax to dividends from gas profits
• Filing of audited accounts by private companies with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria
• Applicability of deemed income rates imposed by tax authorities on employers for pay-as-you-earn tax purpose
• Applicability of gas utilisation incentive (downstream) to exploration and production companies.
|N100,000 per participant, exclusive of VAT. 5% discount for 3 to 4 participants and 10% discount for 5 participants and above||
Duration: 1 Day
Date: 21 November 2018
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
|Venue/Location||Who Should Attend?|
Bishop Aboyade Cole Street
|Tax controllers and managers, Finance controllers and managers, Legal officers and managers and related functions with responsibility for tax and/or regulatory compliance and administration.|
“All our Tax training programmes have been accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Therefore, participants who are members of ICAN will be awarded 9 MCPE credits for attending the training programmes.”