Fundamentals of Base Pay Structure Design
6 February 2018, 9:00AM - 5:00PM, WAT Lagos, Nigeria
Base pay is the foundation on which other elements of reward are built and it plays an important role when designing the remuneration framework of any organisation. During the design process of a base pay structure, an organisation needs to consider internal and external factors to achieve market competitiveness and internal equity. There is also the continuous search for the “magic formula” that will address the challenge of paying people in a manner that elicits their best and retain key skills / talent to produce outstanding results.
Questions that HR practitioners will need to answer include:
• What pay structure is best for my organization (or a portion of the organization)?
• What remuneration mix fits the employees (or a category of employees)?
• How can I develop a pay structure that is effective and affordable for the business?
To address these challenges, there is the need to understand the underlying design principles and approaches that can proffer solutions to the issues. Learning the skills for designing pay structure will ensure that your pay plans are aligned with your corporate goals and pay philosophy.
This programme aims to equip participants with knowledge to establish, maintain and strategically alter base pay programmes, to best achieve unique objectives regarding cost management.
• Overview of base pay structure design
• Steps in designing a base pay structure
• How to manage employees’ pay using the base pay structure
• Practical applications of a base pay structure
• Guidelines for addressing the impact of pay reviews
N100,000 per participant, exclusive of VAT
5% discount for 3 to 4 participants and 10% discount for 5 participants and above
Duration: 1 Day
Date: February 6, 2018; May 8, 2018
Time: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
|Venue/ Location||Who Should Attend?|
Bishop Aboyade Cole Street,
• HR and Reward practitioners
• Managers and team leads who typically act as champions and role models & mentors for their team members
• Finance functions that liaise with HR for costing, funding and accounting for Rewards programmes
• Union members who need to improve their knowledge of Rewards and how it affects union members
• Senior and executive management roles that need to enrich and broaden their knowledge on Rewards