This event has passed. Stay tuned for more events update
18 July 2018, 9:00AM - 5:30PM, MYT Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
MFRS 16, Leases introduces a single lessee accounting model which requires lessee to recognise assets and liabilities for the rights and obligations created by all leases. This workshop is designed to provide accounting and finance personnel with a thorough understanding in applying the new lease standard (MFRS 16) and how it would impact your business. Participants will also be assessing contract using the assessment binder developed by KPMG. (Note: Participants to bring a lease contract as a sample for this session.)
|Thong Foo Vung
|RM1,300 (RM1,200*) per person.|
|Chong Chen Kian
|The fee is inclusive of training materials, refreshments and lunch. No
cancellation and/or refund will be entertained but replacement delegate is
welcomed at no additional charge if registered delegate is unable to attend.
|Oh Sye Yi
|* Registration and payment received 3 weeks before the event/Registration of 3 or more persons under the same company or group of companies/KPMG Alumni members/KPMG clients.|
Further information on the workshop is available here.
HRDF application may be made under the Skim Bantuan Latihan, subject to approval by Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad.
For enquiries, please contact:
Ms. Lam Pei Ming
Tel: 03-7721 3959
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration and light breakfast|
|09:00 - 10:30||• Introduction
• Lease definition
|10:30 - 11:00||Break and refreshments|
|11:00 - 13:00||• Lease definition (continued)
• Accounting model
- Lessee accounting
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:30||• Accounting model (continued)
- Lessee accounting (continued)
|15:30 - 16:00||Break and refreshments|
|16:00 - 17:30||• Accounting model (continued)
- Lessor accounting
- Other lease accounting topics
• Transition options
• Certificate of attendance will be issued for 8 CPE hours.
• Participants will receive a complimentary copy of KPMG’s First Impressions: IFRS 16 Leases that will help in your
understanding of the new standard.
• Along with the above, participants will also receive an assessment binder for MFRS 16 that has been developed by KPMG in Malaysia.
• Who should attend: Directors, Audit Committee Members, Senior Management, Finance and Tax Managers/
Executives, Regulators and Academicians.