15 May 2018, 8:30AM - 5:30PM, MYT Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
MFRS 16, Leases introduces a single lessee accounting model which requires lessee to recognise assets and liabilities for the rights and obligations created by all leases. This workshop is designed to provide accounting and finance personnel with a thorough understanding in applying the new lease standard(MFRS 16) and how it would impact your business. Participants will also be assessing contract using the assessment binder developed by KPMG.
(Note: Participants to bring a lease contract as a sample for this session.)
Thong Foo Vung, Partner
Thong is an Audit Partner and leads the Audit Technical Department of KPMG in Malaysia. He serves a diversified portfolio of clients comprising public listed and multi-national companies in the manufacturing, construction and plantation sectors. He is a speaker for KPMG’s various MFRS/FRS seminars and workshops. Thong also serves in various Working Groups of the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board (MASB), and is a board member of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) and committee member of the Financial Reporting Standards Implementation Committee (FRSIC) of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
Chong Chen Kian, Partner
Chen Kian is an Audit Partner of KPMG in Malaysia. He has more than 15 years of experience with KPMG auditing public listed and multi-national companies, including 2 years with KPMG in the UK. In addition to audit, he is also involved in providing accounting advisory services such as accounting framework conversion and accounting standard implementation projects, and reporting accountants work for capital market transactions. Chen Kian’s industry experience includes oil and gas, power, trading, manufacturing, construction and agriculture sectors. Chen Kian is a member of both MIA and MICPA, and a fellow member of CPA Australia.
Oh Sye Yi, Director
Sye Yi is attached to the Audit Technical Department of KPMG in Malaysia. Sye Yi’s audit experience includes clients from various industries such as consumer markets, manufacturing and trading, hotel and real estate. She has extensive experience in initial public offering (“IPO”) exercise both locally and in Taiwan. She is also a speaker for KPMG’s various MFRS/FRS public seminars and workshops, and conducts in-house technical trainings on accounting topics for the Firm’s professional staff as well as client in-house trainings.
|Dates and Venue||Fees
|15 May 2018 One World Hotel Petaling Jaya||RM1,378 (RM1,272*) per person|
* Registration and payment received 1 month before the event/Registration of 3 or more persons under the same company or group of companies/KPMG Alumni members/KPMG clients.
Registration form click here.
(Please photocopy the registration form, if necessary)
Way to Register
|BY E-MAIL / FOR ENQUIRY:
||BY MAIL: (Cheque only)
Ms. Lam Pei Ming
at 03-7721 3959
KPMG PLT, Level 10, KPMG Tower
8 First Avenue, Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration and light breakfast
|09:00 - 10:30||
• Lease definition
|10:30 - 11:00||Break and refreshments|
|11:00 - 13:00||
• Lease definition (continued)
• Accounting model
- Lessee accounting
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:30||
• Accounting model (continued)
- Lessee accounting (continued)
|15:30 - 16:00||Break and refreshments|
|16:00 - 17:30||
• Accounting model (continued)
- Lessor accounting
- Other lease accounting topics
• Transition options
Assessment binder is incorporated throughout the workshop.
• Certificate of attendance will be issued for 8 CPE hours.
• Participants will receive a complimentary copy of KPMG’s First Impressions: IFRS 16 Leases that will help in your understanding of the new standard.
• Along with the above, participants will also receive an assessment binder for MFRS 16 that has been developed by KPMG in Malaysia.
• Who should attend: Directors, Audit Committee Members, Senior Management, Finance and Tax Managers/Executives, Regulators and Academicians.