The KPMG Ethics Line service offering is a simple, yet highly effective management tool designed to enable concerned employees in an organisation, as well as other stakeholders associated with an organisation, to anonymously report fraudulent, corrupt and unethical practices to an independent third party.
The Ethics Line can also be used by employees and third parties to report suspected bullying, harassment, and other inappropriate behaviour.
KPMG Ethics Line can provide the following:
- Confidential reporting mediums;
- Provided by live operators, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,365 days a year;
- Run external to your organisation;
- Full reports on the issue provided to the appropriate designated person(s) within your business;
- Numerous langague capabilities available e.g. English, Spanish, Portuguese;
- A cost-effective service providing multiple communication options for your employees and third parties to report concerns and also comply with relevant whistleblowing obligations; and
- Assistance with developing promotional materials and
presentations on its operation.
KPMG Ethics Line reporting timelines:
- A hotline report received after 14h00 in the afternoon, is usually sent through the following morning
- A hotline report that is received late on Friday afternoon and/or at the weekend is usually sent through on the Monday morning after the weekend
- A hotline report that is received over a public holiday is usually sent through on the first working day following the public holiday
- Urgent information that needs to be acted upon immediately is telephonically relayed to the designated person at the organisation - and the hotline report is sent through as described above