- Master of Business Administration, Henley Management College, UK.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Reading University UK Author of “Success in Project Risk Management” published by Hodder and Stoughton, 2nd Edition.
- Donald has over 20 years experience in providing management
consulting services to a wide range of clients in numerous countries in Europe and the Middle East.
- Donald joined KPMG in 2010, to develop the Kuwait Management Consultancy practice, prior to joining KPMG, Donald work for another Big Four professional services firm, where he was the Partner in charge of consulting for the CIS West Region, which included Ukraine, Belarus, and Georgia, providing a full range of services to large corporate clients covering Strategy, IT, Finance, Process Improvement, and Human Capital.
- Throughout an extensive career in consulting, Donald has providing services to the Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Defence, Transportation, and Pharmaceuticals industries in Western Europe, and Steel Manufacturing, Mining, Telecoms, and Energy Production in Eastern Europe. Donald has worked on a range of successful projects from finance transformation, IT systems implementation, and more specific projects dealing with business improvement, and cost reduction. He has helped numerous business develop their operational and market entry strategies, working in a variety of environments with cultural and business challenges.
- Business Transformation – As Programme Director, managed a $100m+ programme to integrate seven operating companies into a single customer centric organisation, with a new ERP system, with shared services model.
This project covered the full cycle from design to implementation. The objective of the programme was to move the business was number three to number one in the electrical wholesale market in the UK. The solution was then rolled out globally to other companies within the group, covering over 22,000 users.
- Performance Improvement and Process Design – Managed business reviews identifying opportunities for performance improvement and cost reduction.
Tutor and subject matter expert for the methodology “Process Improvement through Benefit Management”.
- Procurement – Worked on all stages of the procurement cycle, assisting clients through the OJEC processes, developing the Invitation to Tender, selecting suppliers, and assisting with the negotiation including developing the contractual terms and service level agreements. Extensive experience in procuring outsourced services area particularly IT.
- Supplier Management – Advised and assisted clients in managing their suppliers, ensuring that quality criteria is clearly defined, monitored, and proven by the supplier. Successfully defended clients against supplier claims, resulting in either substantially reduced settlements or rebuttal.
Throughout an extensive career in consulting, Donald has providing services to the Oil & Gas, Defence, Transportation, and Pharmaceuticals industries in Western Europe, and Steel Manufacturing, Mining, Telecoms, and Energy Production in Eastern Europe.