Acquisitions are carried out to create value and it is essential to have access to experienced support to get to the heart of that value and get the deal done.
We offer a range of mergers and acquisitions tax services to corporate and private equity investors to help with domestic and cross- border transactions.
Our services include:
- tax due diligence: identifying the tax exposure of a deal and how it may be mitigated, with a clear focus on risk assessment
- structuring an acquisition or disposition: advice on the tax consequences of individual acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments to help design tax-efficient deal structures
- contract assistance: helping the legal advisors in reviewing the agreements to minimize the risk of unexpected tax exposures and help determine, where appropriate, if tax issues arising from the due diligence report are accurately represented
- tax modeling: assistance in modeling the tax effects of transactions, including assisting clients in tracking the cash and non-cash steps in fund flow
- vendor assistance: preparation of vendor side documentation and tax advice on the tax implications of the sale of a business, including pre-deal reorganization measures and settlement of historic tax risks
- acquisition cost recovery analysis: analyzing associated deals (deduction versus depreciation) to help clients mitigate the after- tax deal costs
- post-deal integration: helping clients reconcile their tax positions and those of the acquired businesses as well as capturing the synergies.