Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED) is a flagship Department for International Development (DFID) programme under the International Climate Fund (ICF). BRACED aims to directly benefit up to 5 million vulnerable people, especially women and children, in developing countries by helping them become more resilient to climate extremes and disasters.
- Financial oversight. Oversee the financial management of six BRACED projects in Sahel countries
- Project performance management. Work closely with the Results Lead to understand and respond to issues affecting the delivery of the project portfolio.
- Component D financial support. Component D is a policy component which is being directly implemented by the Fund Manager. This position will work closely with the Results Leads to support the financial management aspects for BRACED component D policy work.
- Portfolio-wide financial management tasks. Lead the team’s engagement with cross-cutting portfolio tasks related to financial management.
- Portfolio-wide compliance and risk tasks. Provide support on program level compliance and risk activities involving DFID.
- Administration. The post holder may need to provide administrative support to the team that may be additional to the financial management of the portfolio
The post holder must have the following skills, experience and qualifications.
- Financial and grant management. The position holder should have experience in grant management, ideally in an international development context.
- Portfolio management. Experience in supporting programmeand results manager on overall portfolio management.
- Analytical skills. Ability to gather and synthesize information from a range of sources.
- Relationship-building. Ability to work closely with project partners from a range of backgrounds. and capable of using their relationships to influence program outcomes.
- Communication. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with fluency in spoken and written English .Fluency in French will be an advantage.
- Organizational skills. Have excellent program management skills with ability to manage complex work schedules.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Click here to read more