Companies often find that they have limited human resources to allocate to the finance and accounting department when they have newly established a business and/or during rapid business expansion. KPMG supports companies in such circumstances with daily payment processes, keeping custody of bank accounts, book-keeping and preparation of reports to the HQ.
KPMG’s outsourcing services considers tax issues (withholding tax, corporate tax returns, consumption tax returns, etc) when performing payment and book-keeping services which makes us a “one-stop” service provider for clients.
Further, KPMG’s bilingual professionals with extensive experience provide on-site support for payments and book-keeping.
Book-keeping and account payable management services in Japan
- Book-keeping (entering journals and reconciliation with the supporting evidence etc.)
- Monthly reporting (preparing trial balance, general ledgers, B/S and P/L)
- Annual reporting (under US GAAP, IFRS, Japan GAAP etc.)
- Calculation of depreciation charges, preparing fixed assets register.
- Calculation of data and proposed entries for deferred taxation purposes.
- Preparation of group reporting package to the corporate HQ.
- Preparation of and assistance with various statutory reports, such as monthly monitoring report which should be submitted to the FSA for certain companies.
- Payment processing to client's vendors, cross-border money transfer and monitoring and keeping custody of client's bank accounts.
Business process improvement and other services in Japan
- Reviewing daily book-keeping and reporting of the clients to improve the quality of the accounting process.
- Preparing accounts analysis for the purpose of supplying information to financial auditors.
- Assistance in implementing management accounting system such as budget and forecasting processes.
- Assistance in implementing/enhancing internal control procedures and organization.
- Preparation of or updating accounting manuals.
- Assistance in selecting and implementation of financial and business process management software. (PLAZA Accounting, QuickBooks etc)
- On-site services (visit client office for data entry in various accounting systems (SAP, ORACLE), year-end support, internal audit support).
- Provide training for beginners in accounting
- In-house seminars on international accounting standards, etc.