KPMG in India assists organisations in their business continuity planning as well as in the development of a robust Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), review of their Disaster Recovery systems (DR), and their maturity assessment.
We focus on helping clients to reduce the effects of an incident, re-establish operations, and deliver key business services in the aftermath of a disruptive event. Our services include:
- Risk analysis, business impact, and requirements analysis
- Framing strategy, governance, and policy
- Designing, building, implementing and testing business continuity procedures including workspace recovery design and sourcing, software selection, plan development, and lifecycle management
- Generating awareness, training, and conducting health-checks and reviews
KPMG’s key service offerings for developing and sustaining business resilience include:
- BCMS development
- ISO22301 Certification assistance
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) maturity assessment
- Disaster recovery management development
- Evaluation and selection of DR hosting providers
- BCM trainings and BCM audits/reviews
- Establishment of a Project Management Office (PMO) for the implementation of BCM or DR initiatives
- KPMG member firms are connected by a global BCM Centre of Excellence (CoE) which pioneers initiatives, such as facilitating thought leadership, developing content for mobile applications for crisis management, and also enables the sharing of leading practices and learnings.
- Our business continuity practice comprises of certified British Certification INC (BCI), ISO22301, BS25999 and Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) professionals who have assisted multiple organisations in developing an enterprise-wide life cycle approach to help manage business continuity. We have also helped numerous clients get their ISO 22301 certification.