The KPMG International Case Competition (KICC) is a great way to connect with us early in your pursuit of a successful career with KPMG. KICC is an opportunity for students from top educational institutions to exhibit their case solving abilities on a global platform. The participants are provided real world business scenarios to analyze and make recommendations to a panel of experienced KPMG professionals.
How is KICC different from other case study competitions? What sets this competition apart is its unique format, fast paced structure and feedback and mentoring by experienced KPMG professionals. In each round of the competition, the participants are required to analyze, prepare and present their findings on a case in a limited time frame.
What is the structure of KICC? It is structured in the following order of events:
- Registration:Interested students in India, falling in the following categories, can sign –up for KICC as a team of 4 members (comprising at least 1 male or 1 female member) with their institute’s KICC organizers.
- Second and third year students of non-engineering graduate colleges.
- Third and fourth year students of engineering institutes.
- First year students of the two year full time PGDM (or its equivalent) program in business schools.
- Campus championship:This is the first round of elimination of the competition. All registered teams work on a case and present their findings to a selection panel created by the Institute. KPMG provides necessary material to the institute for identifying the top team which will represent them for the next round.
- Zonal Prelim Championship: Top teams of participating engineering colleges and non –engineering graduate institutes in each zone compete over a case study and are evaluated by a judging panel of KPMG professionals. The winning teams from this round proceed to the regional championship.
- Regional championship:The top teams of participating business schools compete with the zonal prelims winners by working on a challenging case study and are evaluated by a judging panel of KPMG professionals. The winning teams from this round proceed to the KICC national finals.
- National championship:Teams qualifying the regional round compete with each other in this penultimate stage of the competition in the country. The winning team gets to represent India in the international finale and are mentored by KPMG. High potential students identified during zonal, regional and national rounds are evaluated for pre-placement opportunities with the firm.
- International championship:This is the grand finale in which national championship winners participate in a 4 day case study competition. Through a series of testing business scenarios and feedback sessions, KPMG experts from across the world select the winning team. The winners are announced at a gala event attended by senior KPMG professionals. This year’s international final will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in April 2018.
How do I participate?
- Participation in KICC is by invitation only. To know more, please contact your institute’s placement team.
Click here to know more about KICC 17-18 and why you should participate in it.
Who has won the KICC India National Finals and International Finals so far?
Clik here to know previous year results.