- Are you dealing with a significant deficit that is causing problems in terms of additional cash requirements?
- Are you concerned that the company balance sheet can no longer absorb the risks associated with providing a defined benefit scheme?
- Are you aware that the pension deficit you are now facing is likely to escalate in the medium-term?
- Do you need to make changes to your scheme design in order to contain the ongoing accrual of benefits?
- Are you concerned about the impact of any changes on staff, and do you wish to ensure that any restructuring is equitable and that employees have sufficient support?
- Are you considering taking some difficult actions in relation to your scheme, and would you appreciate independent advice?
- Are you setting up a new scheme whereby you need to make informed design decisions that reflect all the latest industry and regulatory developments?
How we can help
Whatever your arrangements or your reasons, KPMG can help you:
- Reduce cash requirements and/or risk
- Design an optimal benefits strategy aligned to business objectives
- Engage with key stakeholders such as trustees, employees and unions
- Manage and implement change within timeframes that suit your business
- Tailor advice to key commercial objectives of employers and employees alike.
Our team advises on, and implements, a broad range of actuarial and deficit reduction options, whilst simultaneously seeking to make changes to place schemes on a sustainable footing.