The Business Person of the Month Award in association with KPMG acknowledges excellence and the outstanding achievements among Irish business leaders, both at home and abroad, and executives leading major multinational companies in Ireland.The awards culminated in an Irish Times/KPMG awards ceremony in Dublin on May 9, 2018.
Siobhán Talbot, CEO of Glanbia plc, was named the Irish Times / KPMG Business Person of the Year on the night. Talbot was the award’s inaugural winner having successfully overseen a deal to spin off Glanbia’s Irish dairy and and agribusiness operation into a joint venture, called Glanbia Ireland.
Business Person of the Year Nominees:
- May 2017: Siobhán Talbot, Glanbia Managing Director
- June 2017: Bernard Byrne, AIB Chief Executive
- July 2017: Michael Stanley, Cairn Homes chief executive
- August 2017: Dan and Linda Kiely, founders of Voxpro
- September 2017: Albert Manifold, CRH chief executive
- October 2017: Harry Hughes, Portwest chief executive
- November 2017: Deirdre Somers, CEO of the Irish Stock Exchange
- December 2017: Garry Moroney, CEO of Clavis Insight
- January 2018: Carl McCann, Total Produce chairman
- February 2018: Dr. Peter Fitzgerald, Randox Laboratories managing director
- March 2018: David and Sandra Whelan, Immersive VR Education founders
- April 2018: David Walsh, CEO of Netwatch Group
- May 2018: Eddie O'Connor, Mainstream Renewable Power chairman
- June 2018: Peter Jackson, CEO of Paddy Power Betfair
- July 2018: Tony Smurfit, Smurfit Kappa Chief Executive
- August 2018: Seamus Mulligan, Chairman and chief executive of Adapt Pharma
Learn more about the awards and categories winners here.