Corporate tax is an integral part of an organization's financial management. The purpose of tax planning as part of an organization's overall business strategy is to avoid tax risks and benefit as much as possible from tax opportunities, within legal boundaries. Professional tax management involves carefully monitoring each corporate transaction and identifying the tax implications from an early stage.
Taxation is vital to a modern society
Shareholders can be unforgiving of a company management failing to conform to legal and ethical interpretations of taxation. Corporations must accordingly make taxation a crucial part of their business strategy, in particular those with international transactions, and this may well demand a degree of specialization beyond their internal resources.
How we can help
Our corporate tax department provides advice and assistance on corporate taxation in various areas of specialization: banking, insurance, leasing, real estate, IT, telecommunications, media, transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and restructuring of companies. Our corporate tax professionals have an extensive experience concerning international tax planning.
Our international tax professionals have a sharp focus on incoming and outgoing investment flows, offering services with specific cross border relationships.
We offer a range of corporate tax services:
- Corporate tax consulting
- Corporate tax compliance
- Structuring advice on mergers and acquisitions
- Tax due diligence of companies targeted for absorption or acquisition
- Tax Efficient Supply Chain Management
Support during tax audits:
- Support in processing and preparing the statements and records sought by the tax auditor for the performance of the tax audit verifications
- Assessment of the findings of the tax authorities and their possible consequences
- Assistance aiming at the formation of an opinion by the company regarding the issues proposed by tax authorities, as well as to processing of alternatives and arguments in order to face the tax audit
- Support throughout the negotiations with the tax authorities until the completion of the tax audit and the achievement of an administrative solution of the dispute, on the condition that this solution is chosen as the most appropriate solution
Taxation of companies in the international tax environment:
- Examination of the total tax obligation arising from the establishment in a State outside Greece
- Tax planning regarding tax credit in relation to taxes paid abroad in order for the amount of these taxes to be utilized to the maximum for income tax purposes in Greece
- Administration of tax issues relating to export commerce
- Advisory services regarding tax advantages created by the use of holding companies established in other countries
- Strategic repatriation of funds from abroad
- Analysis of tax implications of different types of capital movement within the same group (financing, capitalisations etc)
- Advisory services on crucial tax issues resulting from the cross-border payment or collection of fees, rights, interest and dividends under the provisions of the Double Taxation Treaties and the European Tax Law
- Analysis of tax implications arising from charges between companies of the same group (overpricing / underpricing issues).