KPMG offers Intellectual Property and Contract Governance (IP&CG) services to companies with significant operations through a supplier, distributor or partner that wish to ensure that contractual arrangements are being adhered to. Moreover, our IP&CG services are useful to companies that wish to better manage, or ensure that they obtain full value from their Intellectual Property (IP).
How we can help
- Rationalize / integrate client's IP portfolio to help management understand what IP uses, owns and protects.
- Identify gaps in protection, plot future protection strategies, identify potential infringements and help ensure IP strategy is aligned with overall corporate strategy.
- Audit third parties licensed to use client IP to help ensure full value / compliance obtained from the agreement.
- Independently validate and feedback on financial and operational aspects of third party performance (e.g. QA, health & safety).
- Independently advise on the quality of the third party relationship and contract management process.
- Minimization of IP risks such as being sued for IP infringement, duplication of effort, wasted costs, lost revenues, erosion of competitive advantage.
- Protection / enhancement of competitive advantage and potential for value creation by ensuring IP strategies are linked to overall business strategies.
- We have identified savings in 70% of the 1,000+ reviews we have undertaken, amounting in some cases to 10 times our fees.