In the ever changing world businesses have a wide range of opportunities to grow and transform; however, this needs deep insight and careful consideration. Our Deal Advisory specialists help you take advantage of the opportunities as well as address issues as they arise, and extract maximum value from any transaction.
KPMG is one of the leading deal advisory services providers in the Baltics. We have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience, and together with KPMG Deal Advisory practices in Latvia and Lithuania we are a team of more than 20 professionals providing a combination of local market and cross-borders sector expertise. We work closely together with deal advisory specialists in other practices of KPMG network, especially in the Nordic region. We advise businesses of a diverse range of industries on mergers, acquisitions, divestments, spin-offs and public offers.
We assist you in assessing, planning and managing your major, and in many cases also unique, transactions. We help you identify new opportunities to enhance your business and increase its value.
Addressing your needs
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- We help analyse and evaluate businesses for sale.
- We assist you in identifying and screening potential buyers or target companies.
- We help enhance shareholder value and assist you in other strategic matters.
- We help you manage the entire transaction process from initial analysis to closing.
- We assist you in designing optimal transaction structure and solving financing issues.
- Together with you we devise your deal and negotiation tactics.
- We help raise capital through various debt as well as equity instruments.
- We make and revise financial projections.
- We help improve working capital management and define an optimal capital structure.
- We measure the return on and productivity of investments.
- We assist you in restructuring your business (cost reduction, cash flow management, working capital management, optimisation of capital structure, etc.).
- We perform feasibility studies.
- We develop a debt restructuring plan and assist you in the process of negotiations between various stakeholders. We can help you engage new investors.
- We evaluate potential claims, and help you defend your position in disputes.
- Together with KPMG financial, commercial, tax, legal and IT professionals we provide a comprehensive due diligence service:
- Financial due diligence
- Vendor due diligence
- Commercial due diligence
- We help value companies and shares.
- We assist you in estimating the synergies of a merger.
- We help you value single assets (incl. commercial property, trademarks and other intangible assets).
- We identify the appropriate shareholding structure on a merger.
- We measure the recoverable amount of non-current assets under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Business plan development
- We assist you in stating your business idea and aligning the idea with your organisation’s strategy.
- We make industry and market analyses, including analyses of demand and competition.
- We help develop your organisation’s structure.
- We assist you in devising a marketing strategy and developing a marketing plan.
- We help you search for and select sources of financing or find financial support.
- We carry out financial analyses, including feasibility and liquidity analyses, design financial models and prepare financial forecasts.
- We help analyse the risks your project may be exposed to. Where necessary, we work together with KPMG specialists from other functions (Management and Risk Consulting, Accounting, and Tax Services and KPMG Law Firm in Estonia).