Each weekend is special, but the weekend of January 26-28 2018 is unique, as it will be the launch point for new InsurTech businesses. The event will focus on the creation of innovative applications (Minimum Viable Products – MVP) in the wider insurance sector (#insurtech).
Hackathon cy #insurtech is organized by Crowdpolicy technology and innovation company and KPMG, within the framework of the open innovation event Crowdhackathon.com.
KPMG in Cyprus is putting together a hackathon to develop and showcase new tech solutions within the insurance industry.
The Objectives of Hackathon cy #insurtech
- Create preconditions of youth entrepreneurship: through competition, new groups or startup companies are born, which in the future contribute effectively to Cypriot - and why not -global economy
- Utilize knowledge and expertise of programmers, new businesses, groups and executives, in order to create innovative applications
- Design and promote novel applications and business models in the following domains:
- Applications aiming to assist innovative entrepreneurship in the insurance sector – promotion of entrepreneurship and startups in the sector of #insurtech (e.g.: aggregators, p2p & on demand insurance, marketplaces)
- Innovation through the creation of new products and services – Insurance innovation through the use of emerging technologies and trends (e.g.: blockchain, crowdsourcing, chatbots, p2p insurance, Internet of things, big data analysis tools, API economy, robo advisors, open hardware etc.)
- Applications, procedures and partnership models which boost enterprises’ services and infrastructure (#insurtech & digital transformation)
- Applications promoting Social Innnovation and Social Solidarity.
Participation is free; there is a limited number of slots per role; participation is on a first come-first served basis.
Benefits for Participants – Competitors
- Acquiring skills that will help you correctly design and transform ideas that solve real-life problems into apps.
- Preparation in time-pressure conditions with the guidance of mentors with significant market experience.
- Networking of young developers and participants with experienced business executives, professionals of the insurance sector and entrepreneurs.
- Comprehension of the overall business culture and ecosystem through the utilization of information from the insurance sector which holds a key position in the market.
Work with awesome people, win money and found your startup at the same time!
Sign up now!
For more information and registration please join our Facebook event.
Industry Catalyst: Gan Direct
Supporters: Cyban, Microsoft, UCLAN, SAS, Pizza Hut, INE
Airline Sponsor: Cobalt
Media Sponsor: Digital Tree