KPMG’s Legal M&A team adds value at each phase of a transaction, protecting your strategic interests whether you are selling or buying, planning a merger or about to embark on a business alliance. Applying an integrated approach, we leverage the experience and expertise of KPMG’s network in Switzerland and around the world to deliver services wherever you need them.
We are used to working seamlessly with KPMG’s Deal Advisory and Tax teams. Many of our clients appreciate the convenience and efficiency of working with us as their sole provider of complex and comprehensive M&A services. Others value the ease and flexibility of our modular offering and engage us to cover only the legal aspect of their transaction. Whatever your needs, we will help make your transaction a success.
- Corporate sales and acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs
- All types of public takeover and subsequent transactions as well as representation before the Swiss Takeover Board, SIX Swiss Exchange, etc.
- Private equity, including buy-out, venture capital and exit transactions
- Joint ventures, partnerships and other strategic alliance structures
- Services for start-ups (incorporation, investment rounds, exits, employee participation plans, etc.)
- Interdisciplinary advice on issues relating to antitrust, merger control, social security, employment and immigration, and compliance
Key areas of activity
- Drafting and negotiating pre-deal documents (e.g. LoI, MoU, NBO etc.)
- Structuring transactions
- Performing due diligence (buy-side and sell-side)
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents (share purchase agreement, asset purchase agreement, investment agreement, shareholders’ agreement, etc.)
- Drafting and negotiating financing documents (facility agreement, mezzanine loan, shareholder loan, vendor loan, etc.)
- Securing regulatory permits and clearances (e.g. FINMA, COMCO) as well as tax rulings
- Organizing signing, closing, and post-closing
- Advising on integration issues