KPMG’s Legal Compliance team combines broad experience, deep subject matter expertise and technical know-how to advice companies on a wide range of potentially complex compliance topics.
Backed by the global KPMG network, we address local and international compliance challenges including privacy questions (GDPR and the corresponding Swiss legislation (FADP)), corporate governance structures, compliance management systems, succession planning and competition law issues. Our aim is to deliver insights beyond the pure legal aspect, adding value through practical implementation guidance and innovative tools.
- Assessment of data protection readiness
- Design, set-up and implementation of data protection measures
- Design, set-up and implementation of corporate governance structures and compliance management systems
- Legal advice regarding corporate governance and compliance management systems
- Analysis, design and implementation of business successions
- Legal advice and preparation of all relevant legal documents in business succession (sale and family succession)
- Establishing and maintaining comprehensive internal risk management structures with respect to competition law
- Health check of existing compliance programs
- Analysis of horizontal agreements between competitors, for example on cooperation, R&D, sharing of resources (e.g. administrative management, inventories, acquisitions or marketing activities)
- Analysis of vertical agreements such as distribution, franchising and licensing agreements
- Drafting of agreements considering competition law requirements
- Advice on merger control questions (notification obligation to the Competition Commission (ComCo) of concentrations of enterprises (M&A)
- Analysis of client and competitor behavior and detection of potential abuses (internal competition law audits)