If you are considering selling a business, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists works with you to ask and answer the right questions throughout the divestment process, from developing an exit strategy that helps to maximize value to enhancing your retained business.
Portfolio strategy: How do I maximize shareholder value?
- Analyze the current and potential value of your business portfolio and assess the risks, benefits and feasibility of selected divestiture options to develop your strategic approach.
Exit options: How do I maximize shareholder value through the right exit strategy?
- Develop your value story from the buyer’s point of view. KPMG’s corporate finance professionals assist you in targeting and screening the right buyers, contact them on your behalf and help ensure you have the information needed to satisfy potential bidders and support the sale process.
Preparing for exit: How do I prepare the business for exit?
- Make sure investors have the information they need and minimize value leakage during separation. Analyzing the best deal structure and outlining the required steps will help bidders understand potential cost and revenue synergies.
Deal execution: How do I get the deal done at the right price?
- Manage the deal strategically by planning the separation thoroughly and anticipating questions from the buyer before you are ready to sign.
Pre-close: Am I ready to close?
- Stay in control of the closing process by identifying regulatory requirements, firming up your separation plans, and verifying what support the buyer needs.
Post-close: How can I deliver the deal value?
- Close the deal efficiently to achieve real results, taking care to mitigate separation risks, help the investor exit the transition service agreements (TSAs) and implement the stranded cost mitigation plan in the retained business.
Sell Side Services (PDF)