David joined KPMG in early 2015 to lead the provision of risk consulting services to the insurance industry. He was formally an insurance audit and advisory partner at PwC Bermuda, leading a similar service line.
David’s experience includes:
- Leading a global engagement to provide internal capital model validation to a Bermuda-based reinsurer.
- Providing advisory support to Lloyd’s syndicates through their IMAP submissions, including successfully moving a syndicate from ‘pink’ to ‘green’ status.
- Assisting Bermuda-based global reinsurers build, roll-out and embed risk management frameworks across local and global platforms, meeting industry
best practice standards as well as a variety of jurisdictional regulatory
requirements and filings.
- Leading the building from scratch of risk frameworks for Bermuda alternative capital vehicles, including establishing risk appetites, risk registers and detailed risk responses that are capable of third party verification and validation.
- Presenting to Board of Directors, industry groups and overseas regulatory authorities on Bermuda’s response to the implementation of Solvency II, including the BMA’s efforts on gaining equivalent status.
- Providing non-executive board members with guidance and perspective on their role in assessing the use and outputs of internal capital model, including areas to challenge management.
- Advising new and prospective insurers with respect to structuring of corporate governance framework.
David has also led numerous external and internal audit engagements in Bermuda, including as the signing audit partner for the local subsidiaries of a global SEC registrant. He has also led various transaction engagements for companies in the insurance industry, including a number of financial due diligence engagements.