Catherine is the Head of Tax for KPMG in Bermuda. She has 30 years experience, the majority serving the tax needs of the (re)insurance market. Prior to her role in Bermuda, Catherine was a tax partner with KPMG in the US. She is an SEC Tax Engagement Partner coordinating the tax teams for our large international clients.
Catherine has served a broad range of reinsurance and insurance clients, including domestic and international non-life and life, primary and reinsurance companies. Her experience includes:
- Spending a significant amount of her time addressing issues associated
with U.S. taxation of foreign and domestic insurance corporations, inclusive of reinsurance;
- She has extensive experience assisting clients with the tax implications of restructuring their operations while taking advantage of tax efficiencies;
- She has been the lead tax partner on numerous SEC audit clients, responsible for tax aspects of audits for international groups reporting under IFRS, US GAAP, US statutory and Bermuda Statutory requirements;
- Catherine provides tax advisory and compliance services to a number of reinsurance groups. This includes structuring international groups working alongside colleagues across the globe
- She regularly represents clients with ongoing IRS audits, including
- large case contentious audits with great success
- Catherine has experience with multinational reinsurance companies
- re-domiciling their operations in various jurisdictions
- She has been heavily involved with various M&A transactions,
- withholding tax issues, federal excise tax matters, FATCA, transfer pricing all impacting her reinsurance clients along with various hedge fund clients; and
- Catherine is a member of KPMG’s Global Insurance Tax team.