Bill leads the KPMG in Bermuda actuarial team and has over 35 years of industry experience. Most recently, Bill worked at ACE for 12 years across various jurisdictions. He was a member of the ACE Global Liability Product Board, and head of ACE Actuarial Learning Council. Prior to ACE, Bill spent 3 years at Towers Watson where he was responsible for reserve reviews for primarily casualty US clients and 5 years at Travelers with a focus on large account pricing.
Bill currently serves a number of insurance clients, including non-life, and life across various jurisdictions. This experience includes:
- Performed reserve opinions for commercial insurance carriers. Served as Workers Compensation Insurance Practice Leader. Performed underwriting, operational and claims audits in US for offshore reinsurers who had limited ability to travel to US due to tax laws;
- Significant reserve review experience across all P&C lines;
- Performed analysis and evaluation of financial results of reinsurance programs including Unicover program for both cedants and reinsurers;
- Oversaw actuarial operations and state legislative affairs actuarial support for eastern and mid-western regions. Provided extensive testimony at legislative committee hearings on WC reform and regulatory hearings on rate filings;
- Reengineered pricing system and assumptions to reflect new metrics like managed care impact and preferred provider networks. Large account client pricing and collateral, and customer interaction;
- Chief Actuary of staff of 17 actuaries responsible for pricing, collateral, reserving, resource and talent management, and enterprise risk management for $1.8B revenue division. Extensive interaction with clients, brokers and their consulting actuaries involving technical
- negotiations over the merits of the actuarial projections;
- Collaborated closely with senior management on strategic planning and execution. Coordinated the build out and training of pricing, contract execution and CAT management models;
- Developed and continuously improved internally developed WC Terrorism and Earthquake CAT Model over a 12 year period. Model was a real time model with underwriting authorities and capacity constraints built in; and
- Developed Predictive Modeling applications for WC Claim Outcomes and for Primary Casualty underwriting and pricing.
- Bill is a member of KPMG Global Actuarial team.