In a nutshell the principle measures announced today:
- The employers social security contribution will go down from 33 % (actual) to 25 %;
- The personal income taxes will be lowered for low and mediumsized wages.
- There will be extra incentives for investments made by PME and investments made in R&D and innovation.
- The excise taxes on alcohol, tobacco and diesel (except professional diesel) will be progressively raised in the coming years.
- The withholding tax on movable income (interest, dividends) will go up from 25 to 27 % (no changes expected for the classical savings deposits)
- The vat rate on electricity consumption by individuals goes back up to 21 % (comes from 6 %) as from 1 September 2015.
- Introduction of a capital gains tax on quoted shares realized in the short term (max 6 months ownership).
The government will now start working on the implementation of the different measures to make sure they enter into force at the latest as from 2016.