Overview of recent changes in the Azerbaijani legislation that could materially impact your business.
1. “Rules for the Formation, Maintenance, Integration and Archiving of State Information Resources and Systems” were adopted
2. Law “On Chamber of Accounts” was enacted
3. The relevant executive body authorized for determination of officials competent to access information comprising commercial and (or) tax secrets was changed
4. Centralized “e-information system” to be established
5. The procedures for issuance of construction permits and land allocation for construction purposes have changed
6. Activities of the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan have been ensured
7. Constitutional Court dismissed the fact of devaluation as the ground for unilaterally amending loan contracts
8. Constitutional Court has made a decision on protected deposits
9. “State Program on expansion of digital payments in the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2018 – 2020” was approved
© 2018 KPMG Azerbaijan Limited, a company incorporated under the Laws of the Guernsey, acting through its Representative Office in the Republic of Azerbaijan, a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. Printed in Azerbaijan.