Seeking the right talent for strategic board and executive appointments is a challenging and extremely important task for organisations in today’s competitive environment.
Identifying and attracting leaders with the outlook, skills and capacity you need are critical to building a leadership structure and culture that will fulfil strategic objectives and ensure business success.
This requires a deep understanding of your industry and culture, as well as a methodical and rigorous approach to getting the right people on board.
A unique business model
As the only executive search group situated in a 'Big Four' professional services firm, KPMG Executive Search & Selection draws on the knowledge of a local, national and global network of professionals across key industry sectors. Through our industry and functional practice structure, our team of advisors brings specialist local and international experience to each assignment. This gives us a deep understanding of each market, and vast access to potential candidates.
Our Search & Selection professionals work with organisations to understand their business drivers, culture and values, enabling us to provide a tailored approach that ultimately helps identify the best candidate for each appointment.
Our valued clients include government agencies, higher education, financial services, technology, media, telecommunications, consumer, industrial, health, human services and aged care sectors.
How we can help
Identifying the right non-executive director, senior executive or professional leader requires organisational knowledge, the relevant business network, and established search and research systems. As every requirement is unique, our approach to sourcing the right candidate is specific. Our advisors have extensive experience running executive search assignments, and we will discuss with you the best strategy to identify and attract the right candidate for your organisation.
Our services include
- Strategic talent solutions and succession planning – Leaving the future leadership position of your organisation to chance is not an option. We work with the Board and CEO to identify and plan for critical positions. Responses include continuous identification, engagement, assessment, and management of top talent in the external and internal market for future leadership roles. This is complemented by fostering capabilities internally through the identification of potential future leaders, and building strategies to develop and retain those individuals.
- Board appointments – High performing boards draw on the diversity of mindset, skills and capacity of their members. We assist in identifying and selecting the best available candidates to complement and enhance the existing board.
- Executive search – Drawing on the KPMG network and experience of our advisors, we undertake a proactive approach to identify and gain the interest of quality candidates, particularly those not actively seeking a new position.
- Targeted search – Based on your criteria, we conduct dedicated research to identify target organisations and positions. We approach individuals to determine their fit with the role and interest in the position.
- Direct sourcing – KPMG has an extensive national and international network across all industries and sectors. This network includes contacts either previously or currently employed at senior levels within diverse sectors throughout Australia and internationally. We draw on this network to obtain referrals to prospective candidates.
- A team of specialised researchers – We work with a team of executive search researchers who offer unparalleled expertise and specialisation in particular industries. Their training and experience with headhunting enhances our identification and communication with any potential candidates.
A direct approach methodology targeting candidates at a client’s competitor organisations, or within organisations which have skill-sets suited to your needs, is applied.
- Advertised selection – Using various forms of media, we quickly access a wide range of active candidates while making sure that your marketing strategy is respected.
- Due diligence – A critical component of any senior appointment is thorough due diligence. We conduct comprehensive reference checks and leadership and culture assessments, to provide confidence in the final appointment. This process establishes the validity of a preferred candidate’s skills, capabilities and culture fit with your organisation.
- Pre-employment screening – We facilitate pre-employment screening services to help verify representations made by candidates.
- Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC) – KPMG Executive Search & Selection is a member of the executive search profession’s global peak professional body. Read more at www.aesc.org.