This edition includes a summary of significant superannuation tax news and announcements made as at 31 May 2017, including:
- Corporate limited partnerships: Draft Taxation Ruling 2017/D4
On 17 May 2017, the ATO released Draft Taxation Ruling TR 2017/D4: Income tax: when does a corporate limited partnership ‘credit’ an amount to a partner in that partnership?
- Superannuation fund expense apportionment: addendum to TR 93/17
On 17 May 2017, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released the long awaited Addendum to Taxation Ruling TR 93/17: Income tax deductions available to superannuation funds.
- ATO guidance on Superannuation Tax Reforms
During April and May 2017, the ATO released a number of guidelines in relation to certain elements of superannuation tax reforms that will apply from 1 July 2017.
- Superannuation Deputy Commissioner’s address to the CPA Australia conference
On 11 May 2017, the ATO Deputy Commissioner of Superannuation, James O’Halloran, gave an address to the Certified Practicing Accountants (CPA) Australia NSW Public Practice Conference in Sydney.
- Other superannuation matters